Tuesday, May 12, 2015

First Mother's Day

I had the most wonderful first mother's day.  I couldn't have asked for anything better this year :)

At about 7:30, Luke took Max to run an errand, leaving me by myself in the house for the very first time in 9 months.  Sure, I've gone and done things alone, but I had never been in my own home without Max being there.  It was weird, but I'm not going to lie, it was really nice to take a shower without worrying that I was taking too long, or needing to relieve Luke from baby duty.  I also got a chance to blow dry my hair and snuggle the dogs for a bit.  Luke and Max returned with donuts from Mojo Monkey, and made me coffee.

Then, Luke showed me my mother's day gift.  The man who has to be dragged to get professional photos done secretly took the day off on Friday and brought Max into the Target photo studio to have portraits done of the two of them together.  It was the sweetest, most thoughtful gift Luke could have ever given me.  I am waiting for our copies of the photos to arrive, and then I'll share them here!

After being surprised by Luke's gift, we met my family for brunch at the Loring Pasta Bar.  It's always amazing when we can get all 6 Kleinbergs PLUS significant others all in the same room at the same time!  My mom even gave me a couple of lovely gifts (a coffee mug and a mother's necklace) to celebrate the fact that she gets to share mother's day now.  Since Max was off his napping schedule, once he fell asleep in the car, we let him nap for a couple hours, while we relaxed/napped along with him in the grocery store parking lot before heading over to Luke's sister's house.

At his sister's place, Max got the chance to crawl around like a crazy man, chasing after Lily.  Ade cheered them on in her own 3 month old way!  We had a stress-free dinner, and just spent some time together as a family before heading back home.

I went into Mother's Day with only the expectation of perhaps being able to sleep in before heading out to celebrate our own mothers, so I was happy with what it turned into.  I feel very appreciated by Luke (and by Max, even if he can't vocalize it yet!), and now I need to figure out a way to return the appreciation next month for Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment