Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Retirement

By 2pm today, I will have completed my last pumping session, and will officially retire my Medela PISA!

Since going back to work after my maternity leave this past October, I have made pumping a part off my daily routine. The 5am,7am,11:30am, and 2pm pumping sessions are coming to an end as I finish up my last day of work before summer break. By the time I start up again in August, Max will be 13 months and hopefully weaned from nursing (though I'd be okay with result morning and bedtime nursing sessions until he decides he's done).

I can't even fully express how excited I am to be able to just nurse on demand for the last couple months of his infanthood. I do have a decent supply built up in the freezer stash for the occasional Max-free date night, so I'm not going to worry anymore about making sure I bring my pump if I'm going to be gone 3-4 hours. I'll keep my hand pump in my bag for emergencies, but I'm starting to really prepare for the end of a journey that I never expected to love as much as I have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment